Thoughts from Quebec City (IFOMPT Conference)- Day 4
Take home message from Day 4 at the IFOMPT conference-
Biomarkers for Injury Risk (G. Cook):
- previous injury
- motor control
Books that I have added to my reading list:
Prevalence of pelvic girdle pain in pregnant women:
- 20% during pregnancy (some data shows 50-60%)
- 7% leads to severe disability
- 2-3% will lead to persistent pain
The Thorax (LJ Lee, D. Lee)
- Myth- the thorax is inherently stable due to its form.
- A ‘thoracic ring’, has 13 joints per ring, and in total the thorax contains 136 joints.
- Dysfunction in the thorax has the potential to impact pain and function of several other regions of the body.
- Can’t ignore the thorax and we need to do more than mobilize or manipulate it.