Precautions & Safety Measures We Are Taking To Ensure Your Safety In Light of the Coronavirus
Photo by cottonbro from Pexels
At ISSA PHYSICAL THERAPY & WELLNESS, your health and well-being is our top priority.
We are open to provide the personal care needed for our patients' treatment and journey to recovery. According to the State of Maryland and to the federal government (Guidance on the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce), physical therapists are considered essential healthcare workers.
We would like to share some details on the standard daily practices which we have always had at our clinics in addition to the extra steps we are taking in light of the coronavirus... it won't be as extreme as what's pictured here. :-)
Standard practices at ISSA PHYSICAL THERAPY & WELLNESS include:
- All of the linens are single-use and are cleaned using detergent on high heat.
- Wiping down of all treatment beds and equipment after each use with hospital grade disinfectant
- Our clinics are fully equipped with handwashing stations as well as hand sanitizer.
- Cleaning high-touch areas with medical-grade disinfectant (e.g., door handles, common area surfaces, railings, chairs, light switches, payment machines, exercise equipment, and treatment tools).
- Therapists wash their hands thoroughly between treating each patient.
Additional steps we are taking now include:
- Completion of a Health Pre-Screening Questionnaire with every patient before each visit.
- Canceling or rescheduling visits for patients who fall in the high-risk category, those who are currently feeling sick, those who have had signs & symptoms in the past 14 days and for those who are more likely to have come in contact with someone who has the virus in the last 14 days.
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning all items listed above.
- Requiring the therapist and patient to wear a mask during the treatment session.
- Monitoring information from our health authorities to adjust our plan based on recommendations.
We know that the COVID-19 virus can be alarming and a bit scary. If you have a problem, but don't feel comfortable coming in, check out our popular Telehealth Therapy Sessions in place of our in-person sessions. Click here for more information.
At ISSA PHYSICAL THERAPY & WELLNESS, we see this as a partnership journey with you as we make it a priority to take care of each other. The steps that we have put in place are due both to the love for our patients, our families, and our community.
We can all play a role in this joint battle with the virus.